Wednesday, March 25, 2015

HEALTHY HOMEMADE Burgers

So, I married a man who loves food. Specifically meat. When we were completing the 21 day fix, I wasn't exactly the most creative person in the kitchen mostly because the planning process was slightly overwhelming. But then, Jared became kinda interested in the plan..and he started asking if we could add this or if we could switch it up with that...and I came to a realization...

Jared was being creative with our food...and it was actually way better....and way more filling...and 21 day fix approved!

So, I created a burger system..that to this day we still eat atleast once a week, if not twice! I decided to share this all with you!

INGREDIENTS
 - 1 lb of ground turkey meat
 - olive oil
 - minced garlic - 2 tablespoons
 - cumin
 - oregano
 - paprika
 - powdered garlic

(spices/seasonings are free game with the 21 day fix! Hallelujah!)

Mix the 2 tablespoons of minced garlic with the seasonings. I never actually measured out any of the seasonings, but if I guesstimated it'd probably be a full tablespoon of each. I just kinda put it what I feel like! Take some ground turkey meat and fill a red container with it (or about a 1/2 a cup). Take the meat out, roll it in a ball, and then form it into a patty. I usually place these in the skillet at this point and put some olive oil over them. I spread part of the seasoning on the side facing up. As it's cooking, I flip it every so often. When I flip it for the first time, I put some olive oil and the rest of the seasoning on the side I haven't seasoned yet. From there, I just flip it until it's done!

I serve this with a tortilla, some shredded cheese on top, and lettuce. A side of strawberries and a half baked potato make it the most delicious meal ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment