Sunday, February 1, 2015

The 21 Day Fix - Week 1

I wrote a small snippet for each day of this week to describe how Jared and I were feeling. Please take into account that this was a DRASTIC change from our typical lifestyle food and that we are feeling the affects pretty greatly. Normally, we have a starch and meat heavy dinner. Now, we don't - and this has left us cranky. But here's a day to day breakdown of  the week!

Day 1
Feelings: WE ARE SO HUNGRY - we want to eat anything we can get our hands. But this is great - because we are doing it together so we are keeping each other accountable. Jared and I both agree that we are starving and we don't feel full. However, we are trying to remember that we need to drink water and that we don't need to be full all of the time - which is how society makes us feel. The workout today (we accidentally did Day 2's) was Upper Fix. Not too bad...but we do need to get higher weights than 3 pounds. (heehee.)
Body Update: We've been pooping ALOT. I'm assuming it's cause we are getting rid of all our junk and cleaning our bodies out. We both have headaches and feel tired. It's like a withdrawal from sugar and processed foods.
Jared Quote: "If there was a cow nearby, I would just start biting it."


Day 2
Feelings: We are definitely less hungry, but it's still hard getting used too not being full. I have WAY more energy today, I got up 20 minutes before my alarm! WHAT. and I "feel" healthy and not bloated. If that makes sense? Jared hates veggies because he feels like he's chewing water. Our veggie and fruit intake is SO HIGH because we have to eat more of organic foods in place of the processed foods we used to eat. Today we did what was supposed to be yesterday's workout - Total Body Fix. HOLY HANNAH THAT WAS DEATH! I haven't sweated like that in a long time and my body is so very very tired. We are thankful for our nighttime snack.
Body Update: Less poop! Jared says our body can use the nutrients. And he wants to keep working out far past this 21 day thing. Which makes me happy :)
Jared Quote: "Just think, maybe in 21 days we'll be able to stand really close without touching each other." #skinnythoughts

Day 3
Feelings: We snuck a weigh in on the scale to see if there was any progress at all after going through what feels like starvation. WE ARE BOTH DOWN FOUR POUNDS as of this morning! YAY YAY YAY! It's less hard, I feel more full, and the less I think about it the better. My days are busy so it's easy for me to move through my day not being hungry. Jared just keeps drinking water because he's so hungry that he pees like 4 times a night. It's hilarious.  By now, our eating is getting easier and Jared is getting more experimental. Although, he has been to the grocery store 3 times this week. We need to figure out a better plan that costs less and is less the same thing every day.
Body Update: We. Can't. Move. Our bodies are so sore. Jared and I were snuggled in bed and he said, "Even cuddling hurts." We did Lower Fix today as our workout - focusing all on legs, which we couldn't move anyways...so it's been torture. We are both so sore, but hoping for amazing results!
Jared Quote: "My Body is Fire!"

Day 4
Feelings: (I weighed myself again, heehee, and I saw .8 of a pound gone! I bet with more and more water I can keep flushing out my system!) I am so excited for the final results I kinda want day 21 to be here. I also keep researching and pinning awesome dinner ideas that I'm excited to try for next week.
Body Update: I can move better today! I feel looser and ready to take on the world! Today was Pilates Day and although Jared and I weren't as flexible and we were having a hard time doing the moves, this stretched us out today and it FELT AWESOME. and also Jared is a ham and Zeus did what he always does..
Jared Quote: "I'd rather have a mocha latte than a PAHlatte."  Pilates day.

Day 5
Feelings: This whole "diet" thing doesn't even feel like a diet anymore. We eat ALL the time, six small meals a day. And while at first it was torture, because we were only eating veggies. Now, I kinda like working out. It relieves stress. Although, I've been dealing with headaches each day (these started before the 21 day fix) it still however makes eating right difficult. This weekend is the SuperBowl and a huge fellowship meal at church so Jared and I have to bring our A-Game! I'm planning, planning, planning and prepping our meals so we don't have to think about it at all. It's going to be hard but I think it will make us stronger.
Body Update: We aren't sore at all! We are a little fatigued and tired but I'm sure we'll perk up soon and our body will start being awesome! We don't poop that much at all anymore (which is good cause that means our body is using all these nutrients. Today, I researched recipes even more and found some delicious ones that I'll post on next weeks blog about week 2 :)
Jared Quote: "My butt be like ooohhh, ahhhhhh, ooohhhhh...."

Day 6
Feelings: I'm not hungry anymore and we both get completely full. The only thing we don't like is we just want to snack..and Jared would preferably like to eat cow. (which he can, just not alot). And we'd both like to go out - and this kind of restricts us...
Body Update: Now, we feel like we are building up our bodies! We can feel ourselves getting stronger. and like Jared said, instead of feeling like we were killing ourselves during the first workouts, we now feel like we can complete the workouts! YAY! Today was Dirty 30 - which was definitely dirty.
Jared Quote: "When I heard Dirty 30, I got excited. But I was sorely mistaken...."

Day 7
Feelings: TODAY is going to be so hard. We have an amazing church fundraiser called the "SouperBowl" with so much delicious soup that we can't eat, we have a birthday party, we have a Super Bowl party at our house. TALK ABOUT TEMPTATION! But Jared and I have a game plan - and I'm not really craving those things anymore, so we are going to crush it!
Body Update: I'm feeling strong and not hungry. Jared says he's feeling "okay". He's really descriptive :) But - we are still losing weight! And ITS FREAKIN' AWESOME!
Jared Quote (about Yoga): This sucks.

Stats: Jared lost 6.8 lbs and 7.5
Alyssa lost 5.4 pounds and 3.75 inches!! IN WEEK 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment