Monday, March 16, 2015

Food, Glorious Food.

I LOVE FOOD. and I'm pretty sure most people do. My focus used to be on exercise. I would let myself eat whatever I wanted and then say, "well...I just run for 5 more minutes." or "I'll do 10 more crunches" trying to cancel out those calories that I didn't need in the first place!

Ever since the 21 day fix - which let's be real, you have all followed my journey with Jared on that one! My eating has been forever changed. NO LIE. That sounds like such an exaggeration but it's not, it's seriously been changed for the better (even Jared too!) and we couldn't be happier. We haven't gained a single ounce even though we've been off the 21 day fix for a month now! We are training our bodies and that's the most important thing.

Anyways, like I said, exercise used to be my focus. I was so concerned on fitting it in during those 25 minutes a day. But now - I've totally got that down pat and I wasn't seeing the results I wanted, so I'm dialing in on my nutrition. There's this crazy thing that losing weight/toning up/being healthy is 80% food and 20% exercise, they also say that you need to eat healthy 80% of the time and then allow yourself to indulge 20% of the time. We call this the 80/20 rule :) I think it's a pretty great rule! And this is essentially what Jared and I have been doing for the past month - since we completed the 21 day fix.

BUT NOW - I'm hosting my first ever "7 day Clean Eating Challenge". I've made a calendar, invited people, and have set up a meal plan for eating 6 small meals for 7 days. This is a great introduction into clean eating and how it works - and how full you can be on 6 small meals. Why are six small meals important? Because it keeps your metabolism working! It honestly helps it to speed up, you are never hungry, and then you never overload your metabolism when you have a big meal...because you don't have a big meal! I can feel a difference - no lie. (Also, I'm learning about this stuff as I go. I have no idea about anything and I'm no expert, believe me...8 months ago I had no clue! - but I like to pass on things when I learn them to all of you.)

Back to the challenge...I have over 60 women in my group who are changing their lives today, because today is day 1! I'm so excited to hear about their results when the time comes on Day 7! They are slowly realizing how simple and easy clean eating is, and how different it is from their normal eating. Today is only day 1 but we have had so much dedication, so many questions, and so much support for one another along this journey.

Until I post our amazing blog on Day 7, I wanted to share this photo with you.

The left picture is from my wedding day on July 12, 2014. I felt like the most beautiful princess in the world (like a Bride is supposed too.. :) ) The right picture was literally taken right now! In both of these pictures I weigh the exact same. To a T. Only difference? (minus the spray tan of course...hahahahaha) is that I'm now a clean eater! Look - the puffiness is gone out of my face completely! My skin has cleared up A TON (which is hard to see in the pictures) and I (meaning my body) look completely different. You would never guess I weigh the same amount.

So, this goes to say...that clean eating does amazing things for your body and the scale is clearly just a number! Have questions about clean eating??? Message me! I'll help you out and get you started :)

No comments:

Post a Comment