Monday, June 8, 2015

Summer Lovin'

GUYS! I had one week of my summer completely free and now I'm jumping back to work!

Kidding.

I'm going to camp!

I'm so excited because Laurelville is literally my favorite place on this entire Earth. I spent countless years there as a camper, counseled there for 3 years, met the love of my life there, and now I'm returning, this time as a director, co-directing with my friend, Byron.

When this opportunity first arose, I turned it down. I had A LOT to do this summer, like ...find a job. But then, I was asked again, and I knew it was God saying..this is for you! Do this! Jared and I both decided it will be a great way for me to spend my summer (keeping my mind off of this whole no job situation and my mind on God and what he can do.) Laurelville has this crazy way of making God palpable and for that I'm forever grateful.

While I'm sad to leave Jared, Daisy, and Zeus, for the majority of the week, I'll be home on weekends! And I'm excited to have a new perspective of summer camp and to keep up with my summer goals. I've got my bags packed full of Shakeology and workout programs. I WANT YOU ALL to keep me accountable! I'm going to workout every morning, exhausted or not - because I know it will make me a better, more patient person. And benefit me! Right?! Plus, I have goals! :)

Guys, this is going to be hard. It's going to be tough. I'm not doing this because it's easy to do - I'm doing this because it's hard to do and because I'll definitely have to push myself. I'm setting a goal to workout consistently everyday.

Now there is one more hurdle I have to jump over. Besides living out of a suitcase for the majority of the summer, and squeezing in a workout every day, and running a camp, and handling campers, and a family at home on the weekends...we have to talk Laurelville food.

I don't think people understand that when God created Laurelville, He blessed it with thee most amazing cooks in the world. Like..think homecooked, amazing food for EVERY SINGLE MEAL.

And you're going to find me hanging out by the salad bar, because as much as I love Extreme Taco Mondays...I still have goals and I know they are going to be reached in the kitchen.

Here's to a summer of suitcases, smores, swimming, shakeology, Shaun T, and some amazing, amazing staff. I'm so excited! So blessed!

SO...will you do it?! Will you encourage me?!?! Will you keep me accountable?!
If you've read this, and you will, please comment below or on Facebook to let me know who my supporters are and who's praying for me!

Again, I love you all. Laurelville has renewed me in more ways than I can ever explain, and I'm hoping for that again this summer. <3





mg class="left" alt="post signature" src="http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/alyssagreen410/media/AlyssaGreen%20-%20Blog%20Signature_zps4n9h3zqd.png.html]">

No comments:

Post a Comment