Monday, January 5, 2015

Never miss a Monday....

When I had first joined a challenge group, my coach would post her "sweaty selfie" and say, "Never miss a Monday!!" I think this came from our Focus T-25 workout program. Either way, I kinda associated it with her and her positive Monday talk...

..I'm not gonna lie..I hate Mondays. Don't we all? It means we have to get up early, restart the work week, count the days until another weekend. We were supposed to spend our weekend recharging, however we spent it using up the last of our battery life by staying up late, sleeping in, revamping our sleep schedules for a mere two days just to have more fun - only making Monday look worse and worse and dreading the alarm that would wake us up at an ungodly hour.

I kinda always felt bad for Monday. It wasn't Monday's fault that it was placed as the start of the week again.

...off on a rant there.

Anyway, never miss a Monday rings truer than ever in the weightloss, health and fitness world. Monday sets the tone for the week. It's where we reestablish those habits that we've set to help us continue them into the week.

I've lived through this, I've experienced it.

I miss a workout on a Monday. On Tuesday, it's really really hard to push myself to workout - and I'll probably do it half-heartedly if I do. By Wednesday, I've already decided that Monday and Tuesday didn't go great, so why bother finishing the rest of the week.




NEVER EVER MISS A MONDAY. Even if that means you have to get up a little earlier, be a little crankier (which in the end you won't be because exercise produces endorphins and endorphins make you happy), drink a little more coffee, stay up later, rearrange your schedule, set 5 alarms (that's me!) NEVER EVER MISS A MONDAY.

Monday's are important. Today, my alarm went off and I hit the snooze. Next thing I knew, I was in a hurry and it was time for me to leave for work with no time to workout and shower. I knew this could set me off for the whole week - I knew not waking up on time would make my day shift. So right away (as soon as I was coherent enough to wake up and realize I missed my workout) I planned my day, switched a few things, and scheduled in times for my butt workout!

So, I end with this..
What did you do to NOT miss your Monday? It could be the simplest of things - taking the stairs, ordering a salad instead of a burger, etc.

Today: I drank my Shakeology for breakfast and I'm just about to complete my butt exercises for my "Drop it like a Squat" (hilarious name!) challenge group!

Remember... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment