Monday, July 6, 2015

My Temple

I’ve been digging deep into the word, 
...really REALLY looking at what it has to say to me, especially in this world of crazy. Being at camp, being a beachbody coach, being a soon-to-be Kindergarten teacher, REALLY TRULY HONESTLY shapes and molds who I am – duh, those are things I am. However, it’s something about the combination, the idea that all those things involve touching me differently, that has compelled me to dig deeper, search harder, fight further, to get closer to God, take better care of my body, and develop myself professionally as much as I possibly can.

Something that I CANNOT get past, is that my body is a temple to the Lord. Maybe it’s the overwhelming emotions I feel towards my body on any given day, maybe it’s the anxiety of never looking good enough that is slowly starting to fade, or maybe, just maybe, it’s that I’ve actually realized the truth that my body is a freaking temple and I need to freaking take care of it.

SO. THERE.

Now we could debate forever and a day about piercings and tattoos, and “how are those temple-like?” they say. Well phooey on you, I had my nose pierced  and I eventually want a tattoo – the outward adornments of the body are not what I’m talking about or addressing.  It’s the innards, the gooey, gunky, insides that make the temple. I’m not treating it like a temple.

Exercise: I exercise, more often than I used to. But on the days when I know the exercises are going to be harder, I put less work and time in. On the days when it’s yoga – I think, I don’t need to stretch and breathe a lot today. On the days that I have plenty of time to workout, but facebook and instagram are more interesting, exercise goes to the wayside. MY BODY IS A TEMPLE.

Nutrition: I try to eat clean, but being away from home this summer on top of moving makes it hard. The drive-thru calls my name on more days than not and I know, I know that with the swipe of a card I’ll have a fast and quick meal that’s covered in grease and salt. I’m not putting the time and care into the food that I digest and put into my body. I’m not worried about where it came from or what’s in it. I don’t care how “fake” it is. I go for easy, I go for fast. MY BODY IS A TEMPLE.

Sleep/Rest: I don’t sleep when I’m supposed and I don’t rest when I should. I KNOW that my eyelids are heavy, that the stress and weight of the world weighs on me and that I need a break sometimes, but my stubbornness overtakes me and I refuse to just sit, and rest, or nap, or breathe. I don't take the time to just refuel and recharge my body unless I absolutely have too. I push it to the ultimate limit. MY BODY IS A TEMPLE.


Reminding myself...over AND over that my body is a temple!
Hope this is a great reminder for you!

<mg class="left" alt="post signature" src="http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/alyssagreen410/media/AlyssaGreen%20-%20Blog%20Signature_zps4n9h3zqd.png.html]">

No comments:

Post a Comment